Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

The 2 year old

source
He held her hand as we descended the middle school stairs.  With my hands finally free I made it to the bottom quickly and watched them move down. One step at a time, lots of chatter on each step, a big smile on her face.

Have you taken a 2 year old down the stairs? You could see it one of two ways. Often, I'm in a hurry and I notice how terribly long it takes to get down.  But from my new perspective I could see my little one's face.  She was glowing with excitement and pride! How fun to go down the stairs with her dad.

I once heard someone say, "I hope I always have a 2 year old in my home."

It completely changed my perspective! How fun toddlers are!! They explore every tiny part of this world with wonder and joy.  They forgive so easily and move on with life so quickly. Yes, they require work and patience, but they offer so much more than they require. Why did it take me so long to see this? I too hope I always have a 2 year old around.

No comments:

Post a Comment