Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

Repost from Happydotmom

DYI: Coffee Filter Wreath

These coffee filter wreaths have become pretty popular on home design blogs.  I love the fullness of them and had to try it out myself.  The cost of supplies is only $5 and you just can't go wrong with such a inexpensive project.


 There really are only a few steps to making these wreaths.  
It took me about 1 1/2 hours from start to finish.
I folded my filters in quarters before I hot glued them onto the styrofoam wreath.  You could try different folds to get different looks. I think rolling them would be pretty cute.
 The filters started to fill up the wreath quickly!
 And after I finished gluing the wreath was a hot mess :) But I knew that the next step was to trim with the scissors so I wasn't too worried.

 I glued a ribbon to the back and called it quits.  I love how plump it is! 

Once it was on the wall my husband told me it looked like a doughnut.  I was thinking the same thing myself!  I would suggest using a larger wreath base :)  Have fun making your own.  Leave a comment if you make one I'd love to see it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment