Pages

Friday, November 14, 2014

How to Make Puppy Chow- an easy recipe for kids

Today I closed down an old blog of mine,  Happydotmom.blogspot.com. It was actually hard for me to do! It had served as a family journal for quite a few years. I hope to keep our family life a little more private for the sake of the kids so I've started fresh. If you don't mind I will repost a few of my Happy Dot Mom posts from time to time. This one is from Jan 2011 and was a huge Pintrest success.

How to Make Puppy Chow- an easy recipe for kids

When we made our Puppy Chow yesterday we called it Snowman Poop for our party.  But a flower by any other name will smell just as sweet, right?  I've also heard it referred to as Monkey Munch on Jon and Kate Plus Eight.  This recipe is great for kids to help with... that is if you don't mind the mess.  You could change the amounts of the recipe and still come up with a tasty snack... the amounts are just done to taste.

Ingredients:

8-10 cups Toasted Rice Cereal (like Rice Chex cereal)
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar




1.  Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter over medium-low heat. (I like to use a large pan for melting, leaving enough room for the cereal to be added in step 2).  Stir constantly and remove from heat once the chocolate chips have melted.

2. Stir 8 cups of toasted rice cereal into the chocolate-peanut butter mixture.  Add more rice cereal one cup at a time, until all pieces of cereal are coated in chocolate-peanut butter mixture.

3. Fill a 1gallon or 2 gallon Ziploc bag with powdered sugar.

4. Add the coated cereal to the Ziploc bag. Seal bag and shake.  The cereal will then be coated in powdered sugar and ready to eat!

My kids just love this treat, and it really is so easy to make.  Leave me a comment and let me know if you make it.  I'd also be interested to know if anyone has some fun varieties of the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment