Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Look for the Good



We are quickly out growing our house. I'm tempted to look around and find all the ways that this house is no longer serving us well. The size of the family room, the old carpet, the broken kitchen tile and the tiny bedrooms have all been the cause of my complaints in the past.
Yes, these problems do need to be addressed, but they don't need to irritate me. They don't need to darken my gratitude for this home.

The other night I took my youngest outside for breath of fresh air. She had been crying and needed a change of scenery. The cold night air quickly chilled us to the bone. We looked around at our Christmas lights and the neighbor's lights. We found the moon and searched the sky for a few stars. But it was only a minute or two before we both desired to return to the warmth of our home. As I stepped back inside I felt so much gratitude for protection from the cold. Our home offers us a great gift of warmth. 

It is a place were my husband and I can sit on the couch and admire the lights of the Christmas tree.

It is a place were my tiny children can sleep safely.

It is a place where we gather as a family to eat, study scripture, and pray together.

I will look for the good and by so doing I'll always feel grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment