Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

5 Ways to Save Money This Christmas!


Everyone could use a little extra cash over the holidays! With a family of almost 8 I have been practicing my money saving skills for years.  I'm sharing some of my favorite ways to save money and enjoy the season.

#5 Make your own Christmas wreath! I will be making one this year and posting the tutorial on A Home With Love soon.  Before I post you can go pick up the very inexpensive supplies.  The most important part of this wreath is the greenery.  Check out your local Christmas Tree sales stands.  They usually trim the bottom branches of the Christmas trees they sell and give away the trimmed branches for FREE!! I love this! I grab branches every year from the shops I buy from and I put them up all over the house.


#4 Handmade Gifts! These gifts have a touch of thoughtfulness that really add to the spirit of the season.  Check out I Heart Naptime to see 101+ inexpensive handmade Christmas gifts.

#3 Don't let your grocery budget go out the door.  It's so easy to grab a box of cookies for the office party and 6 bags of candy for the kid's school parties. It's easy to order your dinners out during this busy time. But all these treats and luxuries add up.  With a little planning you can keep your grocery budget down.  If you don't have a budget then check out this site for ideas of how to eat cheap.

#2  Buy second hand.  This one takes work.  You have to shop around and check out local garage sale websites a few times a day.  I like my local Facebook Online Yardsale sites.  I find great deals on kid and baby items there and I sell things I don't need!  I also find good things on Craigslist. If you are looking for specific items then consider asking your Facebook friends if anyone is looking to sell the item you are looking for.  You may have seen some friends post ISO: and then an item.  ISO means "in search of".

#1 I saved the BEST for last!!! My favorite way to save money over the holidays (and really everyday) is checking out the website HIP2SAVE.com.  This website posts every few minutes.  You can find great deals online and in stores.  You have to go there! I'm sure you will find something exciting.

How do you save money at Christmas?? Please comment below and let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment